Friday, May 18, 2012

Ustatshakirt

29.Nov.2010 In Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, there is a NPO called Center Ustatshakirt. Kyrgyzstan lost its own national music instruments since they became a part of USSR. Ustatshakirt works to keep and take over the historical music and musicians for coming generations. Very talented students, age from 13-20's, gathered to take practices with no tuition. Most of them usually go to school, and practice at Ustatshakirt after school and weekend.


These geniuses intend to active even oversea to tell the wonderful culture other countries. Therefore, Ustatshakirt even provides some PCs and English class for the international purpose.


Chuji's definition of music is Karaoke, and music ability is extremely poor. But they thankfully showed their performance only for me. "I envy you that you can live in Japan" They said like that, but sorry, I envy your talent!!! I never experienced to express my feeling or idea with music as I have to type my words right now.


The traditional music instruments are made of local materials such as woods, horse's hair. I was just like in a great field of grass in Kyrgyzstan when I was listening to them.


 "How come,,,,how come I can't play any music..." It was so sad that I couldn't join them... I actually had done previewing the Central Asian Music before visiting them, but now, I'm one of big fans of Kyrgyz music!! It's also so wonderful that talented students (kids) can learn whatever they are good at without external interrupts such as money.


 Now, I'm arrived where I'm staying Bishkek, but their great music doesn't leave my brain. And I just decided. I will ask them to play behind me when I debut as a singer!!







Go for it!! Chuji,

No comments:

Post a Comment