Monday, May 21, 2012

A boy got a new dream.


Dec. 7. 2010



The last weekend in Bishkek, I visited a primary school to work on my Origami project.



I created this project because origami is internationally famous, and so I can easily offer Japanese cultural experiences to local people. I would be sightseeing in the Silk Road if I didn't have this project. Because of this papers, I have been achieving the purpose of travel "Communicating with locals and see the world from their perspectives". Whenever I achieve the goal, I appreciate my creativity!!



But I can't proceed the project only by myself. I need to have at least 1000 origami makers, organizer, and translator to explain about origami and Chuji in a local language such as Chinese and Russian. In this weekend, one boy thankfully helped me out. His name is Gregory age 11 from the US. He came to Bishkek because of his dad's job. He worked for my activity at four classes in two days. I could communicate with teachers and students without any problem because of him.






He is very cool guy. He always puts his hands in pockets and speaks American English. He explained who I am, what the project is, and he even remembered the story about Origami like the atomic bombs in Hiroshima... The smart guy even adviced me how to conduct a class, and he even managed time scheduling in classes. "Chuji, I think we'd better go to the next step" stuff like this...



This 11 years old boy was very smart.



"Thank you very much Greg!! Let me have your drink, snack, or even stationary is fine. I owe  you a lot!!" But he said "I think I would like to make another origami. I wrote that I want to have video games and email address, but I think I would like to write the peace of the world as my dream. My dream has changed while I was explaining about origami's story."



"OMG, Greg!! That's what I wanted to hear from kids in the world!!" I was almost crying.
"But, I can't allow you to do that because I made a rule that a person makes only one... So, I will make one for you now, and you can bring it back to your home. Is this fair?" I was very sorry for him but I wanted to go straight with the rule I made before leaving Japan.



"That's cool. And talk to me when you come to the US. You can go to museums and concert in Manhattan." I've never met a kid like him before... He is still 11 years old.



"See you Chuji!!"



He was very cool even at the very end, but I'm sure he will be looking at the origami I gave him with his cute smiling face.



Because I wrote "I wish Greg's dream "The peace of the world" will come true."



Greg, I wasn't as cool as you are when I was a kid like you. But now, I'm slightly cooler than you. I hope our future cross each other in someday!!



Go for it!! Chuji,

No comments:

Post a Comment