Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chechira





Lhasa in Tibet, you as a foreigner must be with at least one local. This is funny, but this is a regional rule. This rule is somehow made by a foreign government called China. Other foreigners who are staying a same hotel with mine, they travel great historical spots in the city of Lhasa with a local tour guide. I’m so interested in these assets, but I just got out of the tour , and visited an orphanage today. I was lucky. I succeeded to find a local who are teaching at Tibet University when I was in Xian. She positively cooperated with my project, and introduced me the orphanage.


Kids age from 1 to 12 are living in this orphanage. They are impressively strong minded. They quietly close their eyes and join their hands at the same time to express their thanks their own got. This huge “family” believes Tibetan Buda. But a thing I loved is that some kinds age around 5 years old couldn’t keep closing their eyes because the foods smelled so goodJ  Who has experienced to wash a couple of dozen of bowls, chopsticks, pots, pans with a cold running water in the environment in where you need to ware more than three layers? And elder kinds were the first to bring delivered heavy bags of rice.


Because I’m unusual for them, they stared at me. I smiled at them, they shyly smiling back to me. They loved to do Origami. I regretted myself that I didn’t study Tibetan language, but their curiosity and smiles were the language between us today. I just asked them to make one origami and write own dreams for each, but once one of them found where I have rest of origami papers, the origami party was started…



”Hey, you already made more than two!!”  One boy endlessly asked me how to hold origami.



“Chuji, this is my dream!!” One girl brought me three origamis, and wrote same dream three times.



“Chuji, she says he doesn’t know what his dream is yet, and I think his dream is this. Yea, I think.haha” Another elder girl deputized writing her younger sister’s dream.



“…….” A quiet boy brought me a tousled paper because he lost directions. He bravely came to me because he wanted make his dream come true!!


By the way, these communications were all wordless. All were done with gestures and smiles. I met so beautiful lives in this orphanage.



“I experience many things I dislike too. But let’s make our best in each of our lives. Your dreams will become true. Make this World better together!!” Right after I told them in English, they gave me their first English vocabulary

“YES!!!”



They waved their hands until they can’t see us. I still regret I should’ve had more times to play soccer with them. I should’ve have stroked their heads and kiss. I still wanted to make origamis even a little bit longer with them.



I taught you guys just a way to make origami, but I learned a lot lot lot of things from you guys today. 10years later, 20years late, let’s shake and move the World together my brothers and sisters. Your brother Chechira (They pronounced my name like this)is always with you!!




Go for it!!  Chechira,
Principal of this school. He supports his kids with his gains as a painter. His partner also supports the kids as a Tibetan musician. His dream for his kids is to make their own dreams come true as Tibetans.


No comments:

Post a Comment