Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Goal

Experience LA marathon a week ago, I would say that now I'm hooked on running... Although I didn't run in this weekend for my legs to get recover from the 26 miles running in the passed weekend, I'm already started planning OC and Longbeach marathon. Many folks know the west coast is a good surfing spot, but I found here has so many running events. I hope my knees won't break before beating all of them.


Biggest reason that I don't quit running now is I couldn't achieve my goal for LA marathon. The time was not only enough to meet my goal, but it also so disappointed me. I can't just quit running now because I always do what I said I would do. Goal is for me to achieve instead of just to set. I set a difficult but achievable goal, break down processes, and implement it day by day. So now because I am disappointed by how I ran, I made new break downs and plans to achieve it at least in Long beach marathon in October.


Set a goal in order to achieve is always not easy although just setting goal takes just one second. Last week, one of my mentors in Manhattan emailed me an interesting presentation slides to me. This slides was spoke by the founder of Linkedin, Reid Hoffman. http://www.businessinsider.com/career-advice-from-linkedins-founder-2013-3#-8 in this presentation, he mainly says that you are an entrepreneur in your own career no matter what field you are in.

  • Figure out and improve your competitive advantage and maximize this ability in a niche field
  •  Your aspiration, your assets (knowledge, skills, and capital if needed), and market movement work at the same time for success
  • You never complete your goal. You have to continuously learn and set plans to fill out those gaps
  • Network matters. The people you spend time with shape the person you are today and the person you aspire to be tomorrow.
  • Risk is many times smaller than you think
I think his presentation is very useful for many folks including me. Attending networking, asking introduction, aspire each other...Lots of things jumped into my to-do-list from his presentation.


So many things are waiting for me on my to-do-list.


I can't wait for Monday to come!!


Go for it!! Chuji,



No comments:

Post a Comment