Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Take it easy,

After staying two days on the train, I finally arrived at Urumqi yesterday. Urumqi is in the north part of China, and this city shares a boarder with of Kazakhstan. People's faces are deeper than ones I saw in the coast side of this country. Foods are also a little bit different. (I loved skewered goat's meat!!) I couldn't see the top of tall buildings in the town because of dusts. My mask, I was given from a Shanghainese guy at Tibet station, is one of lifelines now. Thanks!!

A plan I had in this town was to get a Kazakhstan visa, but I just heard that I can't get the visa until the beginning of December because of an international political meeting in Kazakhstan.

"I heard it's not a problem for a travelers visa!! I'm sure because I've called your embassy in Osaka, Beijing, and HonKong!!"

"Hey, I have the most reliable passport in the world here, look!!"

"Hey, I'm Chuji!! Chuji Yamada!!"

People at the embassy of Kazakhstan just closed their ears to my words. So, what happens now is that I go to Kyrgyzstan instead. I still don't know even how to get there, but I lost the option to get into Kazakhstan and my Chinese visa will be invalid soon. A Chinese guy at my hostel said "There is no a way you can surely arrive there as you planned...", but this is not even a problem for me. This is what I was expecting in this travel. I will think about another destination if it didn't work out.

Take it easy, my life wouldn't be finished if I didn't succeed. By thinking that, I talked waiters at my favorite restaurant in Urumqi. Asking very basic language and culture, and enthusiastically try to understand them...this is how I catch the people's heart at the first meeting.



Go for it!! Chuji,

No comments:

Post a Comment