Sunday, March 11, 2012

Origami Analyze,

I just got the information that I can't get in Kazakhstan from Urumqi. A new way would be to go toward Kyrgyzstan form Kashgar. So, I'm going to Kashgar from Urumqi. It will take one more day for me to be on a train...but this is what my travel always is. It never goes as I planed, but that's why I like this journey. I would like to leave here tomorrow if I was lucky.

I told my Chinese friend who helps me out a lot in this city "it would be no problem, I can buy a train ticket by myself!!", but she thankfully is going to take care of my final activity, ticket purchase, for just in case in Urumqi. Who told me Chinese people are selfish..

I'm writing this blog while I'm waiting for her arrival at my hostel.

By the way, I found a really interesting data from my experience to ask people holding origamis. I found that the way of holding origami tells a characteristic of a person or nationality.

Western people and Latinos: Easily get frustrated by holding a small paper. Completed origami tend to be not good. I guess it's not only their characteristics, but also their lack of experience to make origami. Some of them just gave up to finish it, and said "I think it flies either way!!" Of course, it's not everyone though.

Chinese (East Asian): Most of them had experiences to hold origami before which experience made it easier to teach the way.
But the way to hold origami is much more simplified. Japanese ways are more complicated instead of more beautiful than others' ones. What Chinese one is good for is that it's so easy to make!!

I'm so exited by what characteristic of people and culture, which I will encounter, will impress me.

Making an origami, and write your own dream.
This is not a fun activity. This activity to summarize yourself and your future.


Go for it!! Chuji,

1 comment: