Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I overcome it.

“I’m not what I have done. I am what I overcome” This saying came into my eyes from the board which is behind of a bus driver’s sheet when I was on the bus for weekend shopping. I was surprised, and somehow became happier because this kind of saying was exactly what I was thinking at the same time when the words jumped in my eyes. I think this is because of the tight schedule in my recent days in Plymouth. Taking classes, get grades, and successfully graduating from here… these things were becoming my purpose, but this is actually not what I wanted to do. Graduating my master here is only a way for me to live in the US, and make my American dreams come true. If I can legally live in this country, and begin the challenge for my dreams from now, I’m always up to leave this BS!! Graduate school? MBA? It’s not even cool. These are just “What I have done”. My core purposes here should be like, see the entire business world from different directions, create the study relationships with my colleague, and absorb the real experiences and opinions from others including my professors. These will be “what I am overcome”.

When I saw the wards and the driver who I guess put the ward on, I just woke up. The driver was not so talkative when I asked some questions, but I felt that he has achieved many things in his life. I could see that from his gentle smile and strong arms which drove the bus. Doing something is not important. What I learn, improve, and overcome is important.

That’s what I was thinking, and that’s how I am in my life.

Go for it, Chuji.

No comments:

Post a Comment