Friday, November 11, 2011

the Great story begun from Beijing.

I'm writing my story in the SIlk Road journey. This isOct, 2010. 1st day in my Silk Road travel. (Dear my friends who met Chuji in the Silk Road travel. Please keep being on the blog so you can see the story of you and Chuji on the Blog)

My air plane arrived at Beijing 30minuets later than scheduled. Actually I already had a million of troubles in my first day. I’m trying to write it as simple as possible because I’m so exhausted now.

After arrive at the airport, I got a bus by asking so many Chinese people which bus I should take. This bus would probably go to my direction which is my friend’s apartment. A little bit chilly air, the sunlight in the evening was nice. That was what I was thinking while I was waiting for the departure of my bus. Until this point when I got the bus, that was a nice travel. Nothing was problem. I never expected that many problems are waiting for me. 


I was an only passenger when the bus's departure. But I totally forgot China has the biggest population in the World, and Beijing is the capital city. Just stopping by a couple of stops the bus was more than full of people, and the road was more than full of cars. I was stuck in too crowded bus which is stuck on the crowded road. “What the heck is the traffic system. It doesn’t happen Japan!!” I was saying by myself, and certainly noticed. Yes, I knew the address of the apartment, yet I didn’t know which bus stop I have to get off. “OMG!! Should I ask the guy in front of me? the bus driver? But I can speak no Chinese!!” Except the memo in my hand, there was no idea for me to arrive my friend!! “Okay, Chuji. Go for it. Are you thinking whether you go or no? Then just go for it.” Another Chuji said that in my mind. I just got off the bus by intuition. I somehow liked myself who says “shey shey” (Thank you in Chinese) to the bus drive although I had no idea if the stop is correct or not.



I remember there was an university where I got off the bus. The air was crowded, and many cars run the huge road.That was just a beginning of my heck. I asked the direction so many people in a long time. Chinese-Chinese-Ugandan-Russian-Chinese. I walked in crowded roads for more than 3 hours. My back was as big as myself. My sneakers were $15, and what you feel at the moment you wear them is "Oh, it's sandals. I'm just tired.






But the people who tried to direct me was really kind and warm, I was busy to give them my name cards to introduce myself as well as understand what they say. In this two days, I will prepare some tools for my journeys such as new sneakers (of course better ones than now!!), and some outfits for cold weather in the Silk Road.






The choice I made was not correct, but I think I was right. When you can’t decide whether to go, just go for it. This will be the rule of my decision making in my whole travel until Istanbul. Also people would help me at the end.






That’s what I learned from my first day in the Silk Road.




Go for it!! Chuji,

No comments:

Post a Comment