Saturday, September 15, 2012

Love What You Do

Last weekend, I watched a movie called Jiro Dreams of Sushi. Jiro, 85 years old is the owner of a sushi restaurant in Ginza, Tokyo. This restaurant has only 10 seats and located in Tokyo subway station. Despite its humble appearances, it is the first restaurant of its kind to awarded a prestigious three-star Michelin Guide raring, and sushi lovers from all over the world come to eat the best and the most expensive sushi. You have to make your reservation an year before to eat there!! This documentary movie is about how Jiro made such an accomplishment in his life.


He was adapted when he was 9 years old, and simultaneously had work at a sushi restaurant. Surprisingly, he has been working more than 75 years as a sushi chef, and continuous improvement is still made by this super experienced guy!! I think I don't have to say anything if you had a chance to watch this movie, but his philosophy is basically "Love What You Do". It's very easy to find what you dislike from your job. He didn't chose his job because he automatically had to work rather than studying when he was adapted, but he loves his job which is the biggest part of his life.


I think you too, I sometime tend to complain what I'm not satisfied with at my office, but it creates nothing.. I could study what I wanted to study at my grad school, and I am working where I was always willing to work for. No complain, and love what you do!!


I think I have to stop writing about his story, and I leave the link to the web site of Jiro's movie, so don't miss it if you want to have a nice job and life!!


http://www.magpictures.com/jirodreamsofsushi/


Go for it!! Chuji.

No comments:

Post a Comment