Sunday, March 30, 2014

CSA

Since my 2014 was started with some resolutions, I have been accomplishing daily, weekly, monthly tasks to step up to my future goals. Because one of my dreams is to influence environmentally/economically sustainable societies through my businesses, I put volunteer activities for local farming business in my resolutions in this year. A couple weekends ago, I started a volunteering at Santa Monica farmers' market which is one of the biggest farmers markets in California. I'm also now interested in CSA, Community Supported Agriculture to acquire more updates about local food distributions.


CSA is originally from Japan called "teikei", and this system is to mean a direct connection between farmers and consumers so that farmers can get more financial advantage and consumers can have more fresh vegetables. Through this flow, a society can encourage healthier/more delicious foods as well as more active economic activities. Instead of stuff from oversea or more than 100 miles away, I hope I can create stronger local food distributions in the US.



10 Online Farmers Markets: Local, organic food for busy parents

Here is some online farmers market including online CSA web pages. http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/online-farmers-market-organic-buy-local/online-farmers-market-organic-buy-local-1/

No comments:

Post a Comment